Friday, May 14, 2010

Insomnia Again and the Alcohol Connection AARRGHHH!!!!

Insomnia, that bastard, came to visit me last night. Haven't suffered from it for ages but he visited last night and stayed quite a while! Soooooooooo frustrating but I think I know the reason for his visit ....... have been drinking wine and beer quite a bit over the last few weeks but stopped a few days ago as I don't want to drink all the time. Whenever I stop drinking all together I get what K calls "the terrors" which consists of the sweats and insomnia, brain going in to over-drive as soon as you turn the lights out and lay your head on the pillow - AAARRRGGHHH!!!

  It's not that i have a problem with drink but I do enjoy a drink in the evening, chillaxing and watching tv, like most people really :-) But I don't want to drink all the time as it does become habitual and I want to get fit. I am 43, smoked since I was 13 and drank from then too I guess as well as the other thing through most of my life too. It is time to realise that every thing is good in moderation but it is time to make a bit more effort in looking after myself. I enjoy running, well sometimes I do. Maybe when we have a bit more money we should buy a couple of bikes as that is my favourite method of staying fit, but money is tight, that will have to wait and make do with what we have: fully functional legs, well sort of! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment