Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Heart

I have just calculated my heart age using the Flora Heart Age Calculator and for a 43 year to have his heart age calculated at 55 may not be good. So I know I should not smoke but I am getting ready to quit, state of mind and will power is important, and I am not just using that as an excuse to put it off. I have smoked now for 30 years and am aware of the damage it does and keen to kick the habit.  I am 6' 3", weigh 14st 10lb which gives me a bmi of about 25 which is high but not only borderline off healthy.

I do, however, have to question how they can make that calculation with minimum information and they didn't ask me any food questions, I don't eat ready meals, very rarely eat take-aways, Ok the drinking had started to creep up but we have even decided to give that up too; 1. because of money and 2. we felt better not drinking. We don't have a car so do a lot of walking. We are starting to go running again tonight because we know we should be fitter and this sudden surge activity isn't to do with some heart age calculator.

Maybe I am not given this piece of software justice and it is accurate so I will look at my heart age of 55 being a positive and good thing.....

My heart is legendary and has matured beyond it's natural age
It is full of love, and the experiences it encountered through my life
 has made it grow and become mature. 
It is a wise heart who can not be fooled or given the run around. 
If my heart had glasses they would be half ones and my heart would peer over them in a knowing confident way. 
Young hearts would look up to it and they would all gather round to listen to its stories and tales with open eyes.
 My heart has been in battles and has been hurt on many occasions, 
but it is strong and keen to live on! 
I love you Kirsten! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment