Monday, February 1, 2010

Fax to the Prime Minster 19/01/10 re: Haiti





Fax Message re: Haiti


To: The Prime Minister (fax) 020 7925 0918
Date: Tuesday, 19 January 2010
Cc (by email):
Nick Clegg
David Cameron
Sam Daws 
José Manuel Barroso
President Barack Obama

From:

(Info removed for public publishing!)



Dear Mr Brown

I, like many others, are saddened by the events in Haiti and wish the country a speedy recovery though I feel it will be a long and painful one. 

Nature is a powerful force and I believe that natural disasters such as this will be on the increase around the world including our own Country. Are there adequate contingencies in place to deal with a disaster such as this considering our days of being a self-sufficient island are long gone?

The relief effort organised by many countries is commendable but I am dismayed at the time it is taking to get it to the outer-lying regions. I also understand that security measures must be put in place for the safety of everyone in Haiti as people become hungry, frustrated and martial law begins to take over.

However I am extremely concerned with the Agenda of America in this relief effort especially taking in to consideration its position to Cuba. An aircraft carrier was quick to assist and now we hear that aid is being delayed getting in to Haiti due to the volume of US military aircraft flying in to the country as well as America taking over control of the airports.

To be honest this is beginning to sound like a military take over and I am hopeful that the UK, The United Nations, European Union will be strong enough to maintain some control of the situation and ensure the people of Haiti and the rebuilding of the country remains the main priority.

I would welcome comments and assurances from all recipients of this email.

Yours sincerely

1 comment:

  1. On 28/01/10 I received a letter from No:10 saying my fax had been passed on to the Department for International Affairs.

    ReplyDelete