Saturday, June 5, 2010

Wednesday 26th Revisited

The next week or so of entries are classed as "revisited", due to to the fact is actually Saturday 5th June. A lot has happened over the past week or so and I shall try my up-most to make my entries as accurate as possible as it has been a true roller-coaster of events! So here goes!

In the afternoon of last Wednesday I felt progressively worse, with my stomach pains increasing and generally feeling ill :-( I had made my mind up that after work I would go home, speak to K about it and go to A & E. On phoning K she, rightly, suggested meeting me at A & E rather than go home first, most definitely the right decision.

At the Royal I was seen quickly, bloods were taken and the prodding began. I was also diagnosed with being dehydrated which may account for the amount of urine I had passed over the last few days which I had commented on. As far as I remember I was put on a drip there and then?!

One thing must be added here and that is instead of donning a sensible pair of black or white underpants, I had my DJ headphones on, bloody typical eh?

I was given an anal probing by a young female doctor, not top of my list of things to be done but I guess an important way of diagnosis. My diagnosis at this stage was appendicitis,a correct diagnosis. A nurse  asked if he could have a prod about and virtually made my eyes pop out my head, as they say, he hit the nail on the head. Well done him!

Some X-Rays were performed and I was quickly admitted and to ward 8Y.

I have never been to hospital apart from a planned double knee arthrosopy carried out by the NHS in a private hospital, the Spire, in November last year, which I am still awaiting a follow up of 7 months later!

I was allowed to eat a sandwich that night and just drink fluids.

It was a very surreal situation and scary but K kept me in good spirits and was strong for both of us. I had a rough evening and night and was in lots of pain, at one point having one litre of fluids on a drip every 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment