Thursday, November 8, 2007

Kerry Katona, Iceland Adverising and Improving the Quality of my Interests (from my old blog)

On my No: 492 bus from Conway Park Bus Station to the corner of Shrewsbury Road/Howbeck Road this morning, I saw a poster inside the bus (saw the same poster on the outside of a bus yesterday) featuring Kerry Katona advertising that Iceland will do free home deliveries for purchase of over £25: meaning you can get the bus home and get your shopping delivered by van.

Why is Kerry Katona advertising this, looking all smug on the poster?
When was the last time she got a bus?

She drives around in a big new Range Rover and is known for rows, drinking and snorting Cocaine!

Am I being unnneccassarly defamatorty of her? Is this libel?

She hasn’t really got a career anymore, long gone are the “Atomic Kitten” days! She may write the odd column or two in tabloid newspapers, but as far as I recall she just talks about herself or people slagging her off! She does appear in OK magazine and others like that being photoed with her kids and husband (another dubious looking character).

Is it right that we fund her life, habits etc by only reading about her? Is that a career?

Does she and other “celebrities” make scandals up just so they appear more interesting so we may want to purchase a tabloid to read about it?

Do I care if she snorts cocaine?
Do I care if she has had a row with her mum?
Do I care if she has a drink when she is pregnant?

I don’t care if she does any of the above but I think she should EARN her money - Why should people be brain-washed in to thinking she and her life is interesting? Why should the general public fund her life?

Again the media are exploiting the publics apathy. These stories will always be there until the public stop buying tabloid publications (Tabloids are not the only ones to blame I guess).

I do care that I know this much about her and will try to make a positive move to ensure that I do not know so much about her and other celebrities!

I will make an effort to read about issues in the world that bother me or increase my knowledge on things that interest me like “The History of Britain”.

No comments:

Post a Comment